- Patient-Centered Care
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Bradley Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
Total Rewards for a Total You
Lifespan offers one of the most competitive, diverse and modern collections of health and well-being benefits in the industry. We recognize and reward those who demonstrate our shared CARE values and provide all employees with a comprehensive suite of benefits for living.
A Comprehensive Suite of Benefits
Total Rewards for a Total You supports employees and their families in all of life’s domains, promoting health and wellness, maximizing career potential, and helping individuals live their best life.
Watch the video.
Health and Well-Being
Medical Plans and Health Savings
The following benefits are available to Lifespan employees, along with many ways to save:
- Comprehensive health plan, administered through Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, for full- and part-time employees with nationwide coverage, low cost and no deductible.
- A dedicated Lifespan Employee CARE Center team for convenient plan support.
- Member discounts through Blue 365, plus an annual well-being reimbursement of up to $150.
- Significant prescription drug savings at all five Lifespan Pharmacy locations with free home delivery.
- Two affordable dental plans with comprehensive care for you and your covered family members through Delta Dental.
- A comprehensive vision plan, offered through EyeMed, covers in- and out-of-network services for you and your covered family members.
- Services include exams, frames and lenses or contacts each year, plus discounts on LASIK and hearing aids, and additional savings with the EyeMed Freedom Pass.
- Two Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options to help you pay for out-of-pocket healthcare or dependent care expenses and services pre-tax.
- Access expert primary care with additional savings at Lifespan Physician Group and Coastal Medical with over 150 providers; offering flexible and convenient locations, hours and services.
Resources for Lifespan employees that support their physical, emotional and mental health:
- Earn up to $200 in rewards annually through Living Well, Lifespan’s employee well-being program, by engaging in healthy activities on the job or outside of work that support your physical and emotional health.
- Modern employee assistance program (EAP) accessible 24/7 by you or anyone in your home at no cost.
- Services include confidential and individualized counseling with added work life solutions such as wellness coaching, virtual concierge, e-learning, financial/legal resources, and entertainment discounts.
Family Care Support
Lifespan is committed to maintaining a family-friendly workplace for all employees. Robust family care and support solutions are offered through Bright Horizons, including:
- Affordable emergency back-up care for children, adults or elder relatives.
- New: Employees can swap back-up care days for credit on Rover.com to use for pet care and other pet services.
- Ongoing, personalized guidance from a dedicated care coach, and more, from Bright Horizons Elder Care.
- A free premium account membership ($150 value) to Sittercity for access to top-quality sitters, housekeepers, virtual sitting services, pet care, and more.
Lifespan provides clean, private and secure areas for employees to express milk. Mamava lactation pods are on site and expanded lactation resources are available for parents.
Save for retirement and access resources to support your financial goals:
- All new employees, other than temporary, are eligible upon hire to contribute to Lifespan’s 401(k) retirement plan with Fidelity.
- Lifespan provides a dollar-for-dollar matching contribution on the first 6% of eligible pay you contribute to your account after you have reached your one-year anniversary of employment, if you have worked at least 1,000 hours in the first year (residents and fellows may contribute to the 401(k) plan but are not eligible for the match).
- Free consultations with a Lifespan dedicated Fidelity retirement planner for help with investment strategies, savings planning, and more.
- Financial wellness education opportunities through Enrich and Fidelity's live and on-demand webinar series.
College Savings and Planning Support
There are several college planning and savings resources available to employees, including:
- Student loan debt repayment program for full-time, benefit-eligible employees.
- Education assistance up to $3,500 per calendar year.
- Enhanced college planning and savings solutions through CollegeBound Saver and Bright Horizons College Coach.
- Coming soon! Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) support.
The following insurance options are available to Lifespan employees:
- Lifespan provides basic term life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage at no cost to you.
- Free access to Benefit Scout, an online benefits-decision tool to calculate your life insurance needs.
- Basic long- and short-term disability coverage are provided to all employees by Lifespan at no cost to you. (Additional buy-up options are available.)
- Comprehensive voluntary pet insurance.
- Affordable voluntary legal insurance to cover home closings, estate planning and traffic violation issues, plus LGBTQ+, diversity and inclusion benefits. Identity theft protection services are also included at no additional cost.
- HIV insurance.
- Home and auto insurance discounts.
Other benefits of working for Lifespan include:
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Lifespan’s reward and recognition programs acknowledge our shared values of compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence.
- Lifespan's community involvement provides mentoring and volunteering opportunities that positively impact your life and community.
- Preferred partner programs offering employee savings on appliances, electronics, local experiences, travel, and everyday items such as food, meal kits and fitness.
- Free employee parking.
- Lifespan hospitals are tobacco-free and drug-free.
Work for Lifespan
Take advantage of all the benefits of working at Lifespan.