Nurse Residency Programs at Bradley Hospital
The Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program at Bradley Hospital
Bradley Hospital is proud to offer a nurse residency program in partnership with Vizient, our national academic consultant partner, and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). The program is designed to help new nurses develop the essential skills they’ll need to have a smooth, successful transition from the academic setting to professional nursing in a hospital setting.
The Bradley Hospital Nurse Residency Program
The Bradley Hospital nurse residency program supports new nurses in their professional development through a combination of classroom education and hands-on clinical experience as members of the healthcare team.
There are three cohort groups per year: January, May, and September. The close-knit structure of this cohort gives new nurses an opportunity to network with peers, while sharing successes, challenges, and experiences.
The curriculum includes content related to:
- Critical thinking
- Patient outcomes
- Professional career planning
- Evidence-based practice
Program benefits include:
- Individualized support for the first year of clinical practice
- Evidence-based curriculum that strengthens critical thinking and leadership skills
- Support from experienced nurses, educators, and leaders
- Opportunities to connect with peers and build relationships
- Care for patients with increasing levels of acuity and complexity in the hospital setting
All new hires who have graduated within the last year are automatically enrolled in this program. The program is specifically targeted to provide individualized support to nurses who have less than six months of acute care nursing experience.
For more information contact SShort2@Lifespan.org.
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO