Careers at Lifespan Health System
- Patient-Centered Care
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Bradley Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Rhode Island Hospital Nurse Residency Program
Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program
Rhode Island Hospital has aligned with the nation’s top residency curriculum (Vizient/AACN) to offer a robust one-year nurse residency program to all new graduate nurses. This program focuses on three critical areas: leadership, patient outcomes, and professional role.
What Is a Nurse Residency Program?
Nurse residency programs support a successful transition from academia to practice for new graduate nurses. Our program offers a robust, evidenced based curriculum facilitated by a team of experts.
Benefits of the Program
- Support and guidance to assist nurse residents in building clinical relationships and developing professionally as an independent nurse.
- Educational experiences structured to help nurse residents develop competence in clinical nursing practice.
- A supportive cohort that allows for professional growth in a learning environment.
- Diverse learning opportunities such as classroom training and simulation.
- Debrief sessions to address successes, problems, and/or challenges identified in the transition of nurse residents into the professional role.
Goals for the Nurse Residents
- Transitioning from a novice nurse to competent professional nurse.
- Develop effective decision-making skills related to clinical judgment and performance.
- Strengthening your commitment to the profession of nursing.
- Completing an evidence-based practice project.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program.
- Baccalaureate or associates nursing degree.
- Current Rhode Island Nursing License.
- Less than 12 months of acute care nursing experience.
Contact the Nursing Residency Program
For more information about the Rhode Island Hospital Nursing Residency Program, contact rihNurseResidency@ lifespan.org.