- Patient-Centered Care
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Bradley Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Volunteer FAQs for The Miriam Hospital
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Would you like to be one of our volunteers? Volunteers support our hospital staff, enhance the overall patient experience, and provide supplemental assistance in many areas throughout the hospital.
What is the first step in registering as a volunteer?
Send an email request to Mary Ferreira at firstname.lastname@example.org for more on our Informational Sessions.
How long does it take to become a volunteer?
It takes approximately one month from the time you receive our Information Session and have an interview with a staff member in Volunteer Services to become a volunteer at The Miriam Hospital.
What is the minimum age to volunteer?
The minimum age to volunteer is 14 years of age.
What is the time commitment?
We ask that you commit to a minimum four hours each week for a least 100 hours, over the course of a year or two school semesters. For our summer program, you must be available once a week for the entire summer, or for a minimum six hours per week, for eight weeks.
Does volunteering guarantee me a job at the hospital after I complete my volunteer commitment?
Volunteering is an excellent step to learn about careers in healthcare. It does not guarantee you a paid position. If you are interested in employment at Lifespan, please visit the Lifespan Careers page.
I have a group that wants to volunteer for a day. Is that possible?
We cannot accommodate groups or individuals who would like a one-time volunteer opportunity.
Can I shadow a doctor or an employee at The Miriam Hospital?
Volunteer services department does not coordinate shadow experiences.
What benefits are provided to volunteers?
Volunteers receive a number of benefits:
- Free parking
- $7.00 cafeteria meal voucher for every four-hour shift you volunteer
- Training for all volunteer positions
- Annual volunteer recognition celebration
What if I don’t meet the minimum hour requirement?
We will not provide a professional reference if you do not complete the minimum requirement.
Do you have opportunities to complete court-appointed or school required community service hours?
We do not accommodate individuals who need to complete community service hours.
Interested in Volunteering?
If you are interested in volunteering at The Miriam Hospital, please contact Mary Ferreira at either 401-793-2510 or email@example.com.