Careers at Lifespan Health System
- Patient-Centered Care
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Bradley Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
More than 200 adult and junior volunteers serve wherever there is a need for special warmth, cheer and understanding. Volunteers at Newport Hospital make a major contribution by giving their time to enhance the quality of patient care and to provide support services for the professional staff.
- Why volunteer?
- Choose the position that's right for you!
- Student volunteer opportunities
- Frequently asked questions
The patients and staff benefit greatly from services that volunteers provide. The hospital is appreciative of the selfless service of its volunteers - they really do make a difference.
Volunteers in Action
A presentation from the Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast in May 2019 of some of our tireless volunteers.
Volunteers at Newport Hospital must:
- Have completed sophomore year of high school to be eligible to volunteer. Learn more about opportunities for students.
- Complete and submit the volunteer application form to Volunteer Services.
- Attend a one-hour volunteer information session.
- Serve a minimum of six months, two to three hours per week.
- Provide an updated immunization record and complete a mandatory hospital health screening.
- Attend mandatory hospital-wide safety training.
- Participate in a criminal background check if they are 21 years of age or older.
Volunteer Information Sessions
At this time no volunteer orientation sessions are being held at Newport Hospital. Updates will be posted here as they happen.