- Patient-Centered Care
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Bradley Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Nursing Assistant Training Program
The Workforce Solutions, Training, and Teamwork (STAT) Nursing Assistant Program features a series of free, educational training and support services, now offered through the Lifespan Nursing Assistant School, for those ages 18 and older. The program was designed by and for Rhode Island’s growing healthcare industry and will meet health care industry needs by transforming, in an accelerated manner, a group of unemployed and underemployed entry-level Rhode Islanders into a prepared, well-qualified nursing assistant (NA) workforce to help care for patients.
Advantages of the Lifespan Nursing Assistant School
Enrolled students will receive:
- Free tuition and classroom supplies
- Wrap around support at no cost (i.e., books, childcare support, transportation assistance)
- Convenient virtual classroom instruction
- Employment transition coordinator services to bridge internships to future employment
- Opportunity for employment at Lifespan for qualified candidates upon successful completion of the program
Nursing Assistant Training Program Information Sessions
Upcoming Information Sessions
Lifespan is recruiting for a certified nursing assistant (CNA) class scheduled to start in July! Please sign up to get more information about this opportunity below and attend a virtual info session to learn more.
- Tuesday, April 18 at Noon
- Tuesday, April 25 at 1:00 p.m
- Tuesday, May 2 at 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 9 at 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 16 at 2:30 P.m.
- Tuesday, May 23 at Noon
- Tuesday, May 30 at Noon
- Tuesday, June 6 at 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 13 at Noon
- Tuesday, June 20 at 1:30 p.m.
All information sessions are held via Zoom. Use the link and password below to attend:
Meeting ID: 739 9596 2002
How to Register
For information about the next cohort, submit this Workforce STAT Interest Form and you will be notified by email when the next program is scheduled to begin.
More About the Nursing Assistant Training Program
Each cohort of students complete a free program consisting of:
- Classroom trainings through the Lifespan Nursing Assistant School, clinical rotations, and a four-week unpaid internship (subject to change).
- Hands on experience at a Lifespan hospital.
- AHA Basic Life Support certification.
- Structured work-readiness training and workshops to build employability skills.
- The possibility of employment upon successful completion of the program.
Hear from a Nursing Assistant
“The Lifespan Nursing Assistant STAT Program granted me the opportunity to obtain my CNA license over the course of several months. After graduating, this program enabled me to acquire a nursing assistant position at Newport Hospital, where I have been working with an astounding group of individuals, providing exceptional care to all patients. Not only did this program provide me with a secure job, but working as a nursing assistant has confirmed my passion for working in the healthcare industry. I will forever be grateful for the countless opportunities this program has gifted me, and I cannot wait to continue to serve this community. It is only the beginning, and I am looking forward to what lies ahead.”
The program will train students to:
- Take vital signs.
- Perform EKGs.
- Perform blood sugar readings.
- Perform denture care/mouth care.
- Bathe patients.
- Feed patients.
- Provide incontinence care/bathroom assistance.
- Make occupied/unoccupied beds.
- Perform phlebotomy (depending on floor assignment.)
Program Completion Requirements
Students should note that:
- Attendance is mandatory. Any missed clinical time will need to be made up before certificate is awarded.
- A certificate will be awarded to those candidates who have successfully completed the program.