- Patient-Centered Care
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Bradley Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Lifespan Programs, Clinics and Initiatives
Meaningful improvement of community health status occurs in neighborhoods as well as hospitals. Lifespan strives to bring health education, prevention programs, and free or low-cost services into our communities and also collaborates with other community health providers and groups on programs to keep people from all walks of life healthy and out of the hospital.
Lifespan offers health screenings for blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol, and skin cancer, and body fat analysis.
Health screenings and workshops for:
- blood glucose
- blood pressure
- skin cancer
- body fat analysis
- stroke risk
- heart health
- breast health
- stroke awareness
- women’s wellness
- life support and CPR training
- tobacco use prevention
For more information or to request a special program, please contact Robin Zaman at 401-444-8009 or firstname.lastname@example.org at the Lifespan Community Health Institute.
- The Immunology Center provides outpatient care for patients who have infectious diseases. The Miriam Hospital coordinates with the Rhode Island Department of Health to provide key prevention, counseling, testing and treatment services for HIV, sexually transmitted diseases, viral hepatitis, and tuberculosis.
- The University Medicine Travel Clinic, located at The Miriam Hospital, provides up-to-date preventive care for international travelers, including recommended and required vaccinations and counseling on infectious diseases prevention, as well as care for travelers who return home with an illness.
- The RISE Clinic is a dedicated tuberculosis clinic supported by the Rhode Island Department of Health. It provides expert consultation and care for all forms of active and latent TB, as well as evaluation of patients who have potentially been exposed and are at risk.
- The Lifespan Community Training Center offers life support training programs for the general public and health care providers in all disciplines of life support—basic life support, advanced cardiac life support, and pediatric advanced life support. For information, please contact Marianne Stepanian at 401-444-8063 or email@example.com.
Additional Community Initiatives
- Lifespan offers monthly educational sessions for professionals and others who work with the community through social service, faith-based, or other agencies for underserved populations. Lifespan experts provide education on a variety of health topics, up-to-date data on trending issues, and information about available resources.
- Physical activity programs for community members to enjoy the benefits and pleasure of exercise while under medical supervision are located at Newport Hospital, including Tai Chi classes, community walking, and Fitness for Function exercise, all facilitated by Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center staff.
- Support groups can be a source of inspiration and strength. Call the Lifespan Health Connection at 401-444-4800 or 1-800-927-1230 for specific meeting information.
- Lifespan provides speakers on a wide variety of health topics. Contact Robin Zaman at 401-444-8009 or firstname.lastname@example.org at the Lifespan Community Health Institute for information.