- Patient-Centered Care
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Bradley Hospital
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Primary and Specialty Care
Lifespan is transforming the way we deliver care by expanding services, as well as by conveniently locating them in our communities in addition to within our hospitals.
Our most recent centers, programs, and services include the following:
Hasbro Children’s Hospital clinics provide primary care for newborns, adolescents, and young adults.
Hasbro Children’s Hospital has opened additional specialty care locations in East Providence and East Greenwich, Rhode Island, and in Fall River, Massachusetts, for greater patient convenience and easy patient access.
Newport Hospital offers comprehensive primary care through its broad network of affiliated primary care practices in Newport County.
Rhode Island Hospital has opened an ambulatory surgery center in Providence.
We opened the Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine in East Providence.
The Lifespan Cancer Institute offers the complete spectrum of cancer care in East Greenwich, including hematology / oncology consultation, chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy treatments, social services and patient navigation, as well as laboratory services, physical and lymphedema therapy, and occupational therapy.
Our Cardiovascular Institute is among the first in New England to perform transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), a noninvasive alternative for patients with severe aortic stenosis who need valve replacement but are considered too high-risk for open-heart surgery.
Our Women’s Medicine Collaborative provides comprehensive medical care for women to address women’s unique health needs.
Rhode Island and The Miriam hospitals opened the Center for Bariatric Surgery, which offers comprehensive and compassionate care for individuals seeking a surgical solution for weight control.
Rhode Island Hospital opened a dedicated stroke unit, a unique, 10-bed center devoted to the care of stroke patients and designed to help patients and caregivers navigate the first challenging steps toward recovery.
The Miriam Hospital opened the Kidney Stone Center, with a team of nephrologists, urologists and dietitians in one place for comprehensive care of patients who have or are recovering from kidney stones.