Safe Care for Patients and Families at the Center for Bariatric Surgery
We want to assure you that the we are here for you. While the coronavirus has changed much of our daily lives, one thing that has remained constant is our commitment to providing you with the best, safest care possible.
At the Center for Bariatric Surgery, your safety is our top priority.
As experts in treating the disease of obesity, we also know completing a treatment plan is associated with the best outcomes for patients. That is why we worked closely with our infection prevention and infectious diseases teams to be able to provide the care you need in a safe environment.
For your safety and that of our staff, we have taken the following steps:
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to appointments.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms again when they enter the facility. To ensure that all are screened, we are reducing the number of entrances into a facility.
- If a patient screens positive for COVID-19, we have a designated plan in place to triage our patients.
- All patients and caregivers will wear facemask or cloth face coverings that cover the nose and mouth. If a patient arrives without a face covering, we will provide one.
- Waiting rooms will be rearranged so that there is at least six feet between individuals, and maximum numbers are identified for the waiting rooms at each of our facilities depending on the size of the room.
- We clean and sanitize high-touch and common surfaces at a minimum of every four hours.
- Standard medical masks and hand sanitizer are readily available at all of our locations.
- As we all strive to get back to our “normal” lives, we encourage you to return to scheduling appointments.