Adult Cochlear Implant Program at Rhode Island Hospital
The Adult Cochlear Implant Program provides comprehensive services to adults who have severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss who are interested in cochlear implantation.
Cochlear implantation is a journey - not just a procedure. We guide you through the process so you can make well-informed decisions.
- Audiological evaluation including: conventional testing and sedated Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) and other specialized tests for the diagnosis of hearing loss
- Hearing aid and other assistive listening devices evaluation, fitting, and trial
- Cochlear implant demonstration
- Coordination with other services such as: otolaryngology, neurology, genetics, community referrals and school programs
- Speech perception testing
- Speech-language/communication evaluation
- Speech-language & auditory rehabilitation therapy
- Ongoing implant mapping services
- Ongoing audiological assessments of speech perception and detection of sounds
- Speech-language and auditory rehabilitation therapy
- Speech-language evaluations