Gender and Sexual Health at Lifespan
About Gender and Sexual Health Services
Puberty and sexuality are critical aspects of human development. At Lifespan, we aim to help children, families, and young adults smoothly navigate the journey to maturity.
For teens and young adults, we provide sexual health education, including how to prevent sexually transmitted infections and unintended pregnancy.
We care for children, teens, and young adults who are gender-nonconforming or trans-identified. At Lifespan, we understand that people identify with, and express, gender in a wide variety of ways, and that gender and sexuality may be fluid, changing during the course of a person’s lifetime. We are here to meet your health needs and provide education and emotional support to you and your family.
Our clinicians provide developmentally appropriate, sensitive, and confidential care to patients of all ages. Our focus is on helping young people to be informed about and comfortable with their body and to manage sexual decision-making in safe and healthy ways.
Our Gender and Sexual Health Services
- Guidance for parents
- Evaluation of and treatment for menstrual irregularity, or heavy, painful periods
- Comprehensive counseling, care, and services for transgender, gay, lesbian, and bisexual young people
- Contraceptive care
- Gynecologic care for genital pain and irritation, vaginal discharge and odor, labial adhesions, lichen sclerosus, and more
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
Our Gender and Sexual Health Philosophy
We recognize that every patient is unique. We try to listen carefully to what is important to you, make sure you understand all the options for care, and help you decide what best meets your needs. We work with children, families, and young adults in ways that support choice and are sensitive to diversity.