Patient Success Stories at the Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center
The Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center has been providing comprehensive rehabilitation services to patients for decades and is known throughout the region for its unique programs, excellent outcomes and patient-centered care.
Here Are a Few of Our Patients' Stories
Exoskeleton Helps Patient Walk Again
Andrea Blair learned to walk again, with help from cutting-edge rehabilitation technology at the Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center.
JP’s Journey through Spine Surgery and Rehab
JP Medeiros fell at home and suffered an incomplete spinal cord injury. With surgery and extensive physical rehab, he’s back on his feet again.
Small wins lead to big recovery
Clayton Coombs was in so much pain, he couldn't walk. His research and the recommendations from others, including his mother, led to Valentin Antoci, MD, PhD, medical director, Newport Hospital Total Joint Replacement Program.
The road to recovery takes an unexpected turn
Natalie Schieldrop was studying to be a nurse, when she became a patient at Vanderbilt Rehabilitation. “I cannot sing their praises enough. I felt like the only patient there. I didn’t ever feel like a burden.”
His donated pictures are worth a thousand words - of thanks
He had his choice of rehabilitation facilities. Architect George Burma knew what he wanted. "I told them I wanted to come here (Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center). I knew they would get me on my feet again."
- Benefits of Inpatient Rehabilitation
- High-End Technology for a Better Patient Experience
- Conditions We Treat
- The Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Team
- Frequently Asked Questions about Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Patient Success Stories at the Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center
- Take a Video Tour
- Take a Photo Tour
- Rights and Responsibilities of Inpatient Rehabilitation Patients
- Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center Inpatient Rehabilitation Report Card