In collaboration with the Lifespan Cancer Institute and its Brain and Spine Tumor Center, we diagnose and treat tumors of the brain, spinal cord and spinal column. For the tumors that can be removed without causing major neurological problems, surgery is often the most effective treatment.
Neurosurgery can be used to:
- Perform complete and safe resection of a tumor
- Ablate a tumor that has not metastasized, with radiosurgery
- Relieve pressure on the brain caused by a tumor
- Remove tissue for diagnostic examination
Among the tumors we treat are:
- Tumors that metastasize to the brain
- Skull-base tumors
- Benign, non-cancerous brain tumors, including pituitary tumors
Our neurosurgeons, physicians and other health care professionals meet weekly to discuss each patient’s situation. These interdisciplinary meetings ensure that treatment plans are individually tailored to each patient’s needs.