Wheelchair Seating and Mobility Clinic
The Wheelchair Seating and Mobility Clinic at Rhode Island Hospital and the Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center at Newport Hospital assists adults who need custom wheelchairs and accessories.
A physiatrist completes an evaluation, then refers the patient for a wheelchair assessment by an occupational or physical therapist. The client, doctor, therapist, and wheelchair supplier work together to ensure the most appropriate seating system is selected.
By considering the client’s needs and abilities in choosing a wheelchair, the clinic team can improve their mobility, comfort, functional independence, and quality of life.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation at the Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Treatment Methods
- Conditions We Treat
- Specialty Programs
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Team
- Contact Us for Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Frequently Asked Questions
- Physical Therapy Helps Surfer Get Back on the Board