Total Joint Replacement Patient Resources
Patient and family education is a central focus for our practice. We want you to be as informed and prepared as possible, so that you know what to expect, have all your questions answered, and are better positioned for a fast recovery.
Our patient education guide contains a wealth of information, including tips on preparing your home, equipment for your recovery, what to bring to the hospital, pain management, physical therapy, insurance questions and more.
Our comprehensive patient guide takes you step-by-step through your total joint replacement surgery, with specific information on what to expect and how to best prepare for surgery and recovery.
- Total Joint Replacement Patient Guide (English, PDF)
- Total Joint Replacement Patient Guide (Portuguese, PDF)
- Total Joint Replacement Patient Guide (Spanish, PDF)
Moving Safely Guides
Our post-surgery hip and knee guides will help illustrate how to move safely as you recover. As always, please don’t hesitate to call us at 401-845-4330 with any questions.
- Total Joint Center at The Miriam Hospital
- Total Joint Replacement at Newport Hospital
- Assess Your Joint Pain
- Surgical Specialties
- Total Joint Replacement Patient Stories
- Arthritis and Exercise
- Research and Publications
- Total Joint Replacement Education and Training
- When Is it Time to Consider Joint Replacement?