Women's Health Services
About Women's Health Services at Rhode Island Hospital
Rhode Island Hospital, in partnership with the Women’s Medicine Collaborative, offers a full range of women’s health specialties, including:
- Benign gynecologic conditions
- Gynecologic cancers
- Breast cancer surgery and reconstruction
- Comprehensive gynecologic surgery and treatment
- Medical conditions during and after pregnancy
- A full range of gynecologic oncology treatment and gynecologic surgery
- Breast surgery and breast health services, in partnership with the award-winning Lifespan Cancer Institute at Rhode Island, The Miriam and Newport hospitals
- A multidisciplinary obstetric medicine team committed to collaborating with patients’ obstetric providers to meet the special and diverse needs of women with medical conditions before, during and after pregnancy
A Caring Environment Created By Women, For Women
Patients for all of these services are cared for in our new 14-bed Women’s Medicine Inpatient Unit, which offers the advanced and comprehensive services of Rhode Island’s largest hospital with the individual patient-centered care of the Women’s Medicine Collaborative. The unit is designed specifically for women, and staffed by clinicians and support staff specially trained in caring for women's unique health needs. Our clinical inpatient team includes specialized medical-surgical nurses, all with ob-gyn experience. The nursing team consists of a nurse manager, registered nurses and certified nursing assistants caring for patients at all times. Many of our physicians are nationally and internationally recognized for their expertise.
Located in the hospital’s Jane Brown Building, our Women's Medicine Inpatient unit has modern amenities such as private rooms with private bathrooms and showers, so that each woman’s stay is restful and healing.
A Regional Resource For Ob-Gyn Surgical Services
Our surgeons are specialists in minimally invasive procedures, including laparoscopic, vaginal and the state-of-the-art daVinci robotic surgery. The technology and techniques available to our patients are designed to avoid surgery requiring large incisions. For our patients, this means less scarring, less pain and a shorter recovery time.