Total Joint Replacement
Hip, Knee, and Shoulder Joint Replacement
The Lifespan Orthopedics Institute offers total hip, knee, and shoulder replacement services at The Miriam and Newport hospitals. The Total Joint Center at The Miriam Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island, is the region’s highest volume center for total joint replacement, with clinical and quality outcomes that rank among the best in the nation. The Total Joint Replacement program at Newport Hospital has been named a Blue Distinction Center for excellence in hip and knee replacement by Blue Cross/Blue Shield Rhode Island.
“It’s easy to perform well under the best conditions. But what do you do when everything goes wrong? That’s where you get to really show what you’re made of.” -Derek Jenkins, MD
- Total Joint Center at The Miriam Hospital
- Total Joint Replacement at Newport Hospital
- Assess Your Joint Pain
- Surgical Specialties
- Total Joint Replacement Patient Stories
- Arthritis and Exercise
- Research and Publications
- Total Joint Replacement Education and Training
- When Is it Time to Consider Joint Replacement?