2023 Pediatric Nutrition Conference: Introduction to Applied Pediatric and Adolescent Nutrition
Wednesday, October 11, 2023 at 7:30a.m. - 4:30p.m.
Join us for our 2023 Pediatric Nutrition Conference, "Introduction to Applied Pediatric and Adolescent Nutrition," at Hasbro Children's Hospital on Wednesday, October 11, 2023. This course will provide health professionals (RDN, DTR and/or dietetics student) with current information on pediatric nutrition.
Knowledge obtained from this course will provide the participant with:
- Pediatric nutrition assessment and interview techniques.
- Introduction to pediatric irritable bowel disease.
- Overview of human milk, infant and pediatric enteral formulas.
- Review common pediatric conditions (diabetes, celiac disease and selective eating), and explore nutrition treatment impact.
This program has been approved for 6.75 Level 2 CPEs through the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Select and utilize appropriate nutrition assessment and interview tools to guide assessment, intervention and management of pediatric nutrition in acute care settings.
- State the fundamentals of infant and pediatric enteral formula composition and applications for use.
- Summarize key nutrition considerations for pediatric diabetes sub-types, food selectivity and celiac disease.
The faculty are pediatric dietitians at Hasbro Children’s and Bradley hospitals.
- Kristen Abatecola, MS, RD, LDN, CNSC
- Linna Douk, RD, LDN
- Stephanie Marchand, PhD, RD, LDN, CLC, CNSC
- Daniel Olbrych, RD, LDN, CDCES
- Beth Pinkos, MS, RD, LDN
- Maria Santini, RD, LDN, CNSC
- Full-time student: $45.00
- Registered dietitian or allied health: $75.00
Enrollment is limited to 40 registrants. Registration information will be sent to email address used at time of registration. Please note that masks may be required per infection prevention guidelines.
Email cancellations only. A $10 administrative fee will be retained for cancellations postmarked on or before October 6, 2023. No refunds will be given for cancellations postmarked after Friday, October 6, 2023.
Free Parking Available
Parking passes will be provided for the Willard Garage and the Eddy Street parking lot at Rhode Island Hospital.
Parking lot locations and information
Hasbro Children's Hospital
539 Eddy Street
Ground Floor, Room 64E
Providence, RI 02903