Youth Mental Health First Aid
Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
The Youth Mental Health First Aid session on March 22, 2023 is sold out.
We have openings on other dates.
Register for a session on a different date
Join us for this in-person, eight-hour course on providing mental health first aid for youth.
Youth Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour training course designed to give members of the public key skills to help a youth who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The 8-hour course covers a range of common disorders and potential crises such as helping a young person who is having a panic attack, is contemplating suicide or is struggling with substance abuse.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges in this age group, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- Interact effectively with a child or adolescent in crisis.
- Connect the youth with help.
- Understand the impact of social media and bullying on youth.
- Apply a personalized self-care plan.
To learn more about Mental Health First Aid for Adults, contact Kim Lafountain, LMHC, at email@example.com.
Bradley Learning Exchange
1 Catamore Blvd
East Providence, RI 02914
Visiting Lifespan Living for health and wellness tips and information.