COVID-19 Testing for Coastal Patients
Coastal Medical is committed to helping improve access to testing for COVID-19 for Coastal Medical patients.
For information about receiving testing and links to additional resources, please use the drop-downs below:
(+ opens section, - closes section)
COVID Testing - In Person
Coastal Medical Patients Only
- Adult patients requesting COVID testing at Coastal Medical: Please send a patient portal message to your office.
- Pediatric patients requesting COVID testing at Coastal Medical: Please send us a message through the patient portal or call your practice directly.
- To self-schedule at a RIDOH testing location for both adult and pediatric patients: please visit portal.ri.gov
Current Booking/Result Times for Testing:
Coastal Medical Testing/Results Times
- Rapid test results received: Same day as test
- PCR test results received: 3-5 days
Note: Symptomatic patients (those with symptoms) will get swabbed twice during your appointment (Rapid test & PCR test). If the Rapid test results are negative the day of your appointment, the PCR test is used to confirm those results.
Receiving Your Results
What to expect
During a public health crisis, the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) may be in touch with you about your COVID-19 test results for contact tracing purposes.
- The RIDOH may contact you with results before your primary care clinician receives them.
- Results can be accessed in different ways – please see below for details.
How to access your results
Coastal Medical locations:
You will be able to access results for testing completed at a Coastal Medical location once your results have been reviewed by your clinician. The results will be available on Coastal Medical’s patient portal.
RI State Testing Sites:
The fastest way to access results for testing performed through an RI State Testing Site location is by visiting portal.ri.gov/results. You can log in to this website with your name, date of birth, testing date and phone number.
For issues accessing these test results, you can contact the RI Department of Health: 401-222-8022
COVID-19 Testing - At Home
Home COVID-19 tests can be found at local pharmacies. Also, starting in January 2022, the federal government is offering every home in the United States 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. You can order them here: https://www.covidtests.gov/
- When conducting a home test remember that negative results do not rule out COVID-19, especially if you have symptoms. For the most accurate results, obtain a PCR test.
- The RI Department of Health recommends you report home test results using the Self-report form located at https://portal.ri.gov/covidtestresults/s/self-test
For additional COVID testing information, please go to COVID.RI.GOV/Testing