- About The Miriam Hospital
For Patients & Visitors
- Patient Accommodations
- Patient Safety Information
- Visiting Hours and Guidelines
- Accommodations for Family and Friends
- Support Services
- Hospital Discharge
- Billing Procedures and Insurance Information
- Ways to Show You Care
- Important Telephone Numbers
- For Our Neighbors
- The Miriam Hospital Women's Association
- Giving to The Miriam
Quality Care at The Miriam Hospital
How satisfied are our patients with the care they received at The Miriam Hospital?
The Miriam Hospital regularly reports data from surveys it receives from patients. Patients who have had an overnight stay in the hospital are randomly chosen to complete a survey rating their hospital experiences in a number of areas. The areas have been chosen by the federal government as being key indicators that the hospital has provided a positive experience for its patients.
Survey questions cover such topics as:
- How well doctors, nurses and other hospital staff members communicated with patients
- How responsive hospital staff was to patients
- How well patients' pain was controlled
- How clean patients thought their room was
- How quiet patients thought the hospital was at night
- Whether patients received information to help them recover at home
- How patients would rate the hospital overall
- Whether patients would recommend the hospital to others
See the survey results for The Miriam Hospital
The surveys are administered by a third-party company, Press Ganey, Inc., which is entirely independent of the hospital. Results are reported quarterly to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services adjusts the data to account for a number of variables, including the type of service received, and a patient's age, education level, health status, and language.
For more information about national reporting of patient satisfaction results, please visit the Hospital Compare website.