Visiting Hours and Guidelines at The Miriam Hospital
Visiting Hours at The Miriam Hospital
- General visiting hours: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
General Guidelines for Visitors at The Miriam Hospital
All visitors will be screened for symptoms or potential exposure to COVID-19. Those who screen positive for any symptoms will not be able to visit, even if they have received a COVID vaccine.
- Visitors must be at least 18 years old.
- All visitors must show a picture ID. You will be screened upon entry to the hospital and asked to sanitize hands and social distance six feet apart.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must be worn at all times while in the hospital. All visitors will
be given a hospital-approved mask to wear in place of or in addition to their own mask.
Number of Visitors Per Patient
- Patients may have two visitors per three-hour visitation session, regardless of the length of the visit.
- In the emergency department: One family member/escort may be permitted during the intake process.
- For patients who are being cared for at end-of-life, additional visitors may be allowed at the discretion of the care team.
If a support person is required for your care, one person may be allowed to accompany you at the discretion of the office. Visitors will be screened prior to being allowed at the visit and must wear a mask at all times. No other visitors will be allowed in the ambulatory practices, including the waiting rooms or common areas. We encourage patients to avoid bringing children to appointments unless the child is the patient.