Visiting Hours and Guidelines at Newport Hospital
Visiting Hours at Newport Hospital
- Medical/Surgical (Turner 2 and 4), Birthing Center and ICU: 2 to 7:30 p.m.
- Vanderbilt Inpatient Unit: 12 to 7:30 p.m.
- Behavioral Health Unit: 1 to 2 p.m. and 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. (One visitor is allowed during designated visitation hours.)
General Guidelines for Visitors at Newport Hospital
Visitors who are ill or have symptoms of communicable illnesses should not visit patients. The hospital will reserve the option to not allow visitation if there are specific communicable illness that warrant special consideration.
- Visitors must be at least 13 years old. Birthing Center only: Siblings of any age are allowed and do not count as visitors.
- All visitors must show a picture ID.
Number of Visitors Per Patient
- Most adult inpatient areas: Two visitors may visit at a time.
- Behavioral Health Units: Two visitors are allowed for the duration of the hospital stay. One visitor at a time is permitted during designated visitation hours.
- Birthing Center:
- One birthing partner is permitted for the duration of the stay.
- Two visitors are allowed after the recovery period, during visiting hours.
- Siblings, regardless of age, are allowed to visit during regular visiting hours and are not counted as visitors.
- A doula is permitted throughout the labor and recovery period and can provide additional postpartum support to the patient and family between 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. The doula is considered part of the care team and not a visitor.
- In the emergency department: Two family members/escorts are permitted.
One person will be allowed to accompany you to an outpatient office visit or procedure. We encourage patients to avoid bringing children to appointments unless the child is the patient.
The Newport Hospital campus is smoke free. Newport Hospital is committed to promoting the good health of our employees and patients. Passive smoke is detrimental to health, so our policy designates the entire Newport Hospital campus--both inside and outside the hospital--as smoke free. If you are a smoker and would like to quit, please call 1-800-TRY-TO-STOP (1-800-879-8678).
Newport Hospital does not restrict, limit or otherwise deny visitation based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.