Rhode Island Hospital
Facts: Did You Know?
- Social workers deliver more than 60 percent of mental health treatment in the United States.
- Social workers help people overcome some of life's toughest challenges, such as:
- Physical and mental illness
- All types of addiction
- Social workers can be found in all different settings, such as:
- Mental health clinics
- Private practices
- The military
- Employee assistance programs
- Disaster relief organizations
- Psychiatric facilities
- Drug treatment centers
- Following the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, social workers were the among the first people to come to the aid of survivors and their families.
For more information, please call 401-444-5711.