Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care
A durable power of attorney for health care is a written document in which you name another person as agent to make health care decisions for you in case you become unable to make or communicate these decisions yourself.
The elements of the living will may be incorporated into this form if desired.
Once duly witnessed, the durable power of attorney for health care form carries the force of a legal document. The document is specific to the State of Rhode Island, but may be applicable in other states as well.
More about durable power of attorney for health care
For individual copies of the Rhode Island form for durable power of attorney for health care and living will, call 401-462-3000.
NOTE: This information is provided to make you generally aware of Rhode Island law about durable powers of attorney for health care and is not intended as legal advice for your particular situation. For legal advice about durable powers of attorney for health care or your health care rights, you should consult with an attorney.
- Patients and Visitors
- Guidelines for Visitors and Families
- Protecting Our Healthcare Workers
- Safety Tips for Patients and Visitors
- General Discharge Information
- Lifespan Interpreter Services
- MyLifespan Health Record Sign Up
- Lifespan Telehealth
- Insurance, Billing and Financial Assistance
- Request Medical Records
- Ethics and Patient Rights
- Spiritual Care Department