Guide to Online Religious Services for Lifespan Patients
Being hospitalized is always difficult. The following resources are available for those seeking access to religious services during their hospital stay. If you want to speak with a chaplain, please call 401-444-4304 and leave a message.
Online Prayer Services at Lifespan
View virtual prayer services conducted by members of our own multi-faith spiritual care team. (YouTube links)
The Meaning of Hanukkah
Susie Adler, Lifespan Spiritual Care Services chaplain, describes the meaning behind Hanukkah, the Festival of Lights.
Music of Hannukah
Rhode Island multi-instrumentalist Fishel Michael Bresler performs a selection of songs that celebrate the rich traditions of Hanukkah.
- Temple Emanu-El offers a live stream of its Shabbat Services.
Find the schedule and access the live stream
- The Cathedral of SS. Peter and Paul streams its 10 a.m. Sunday Mass. There is also a 10 a.m. Mass on Christmas Day.
- EWTN, Catholic television, can be live-streamed on your device.
- First Baptist Church of America puts its Sunday service online every week and also has Christmas Eve services.
Watch the videos
- Masjid Muhammad ("The Nation’s Mosque") offers live stream Jumah Prayer service at 1:00 PM EST every Friday.
Access the livestream
- The Providence Zen Center offers online practices on Sunday mornings and Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Get the details
Are you looking for something that isn’t covered by the above list? Please call the chaplain’s office at 401-444-4304 and we can help you
- Patients and Visitors
- Washington Bridge Closure: Information for Patients and Visitors
- Guidelines for Visitors and Families
- Protecting Our Healthcare Workers
- Safety Tips for Patients and Visitors
- General Discharge Information
- Lifespan Interpreter Services
- MyLifespan Health Record Sign Up
- Lifespan Telehealth
- Insurance, Billing and Financial Assistance
- Request Medical Records
- Ethics and Patient Rights
- Spiritual Care Department