Lifespan Pharmacy Residency Programs
About Lifespan and Lifespan Pharmacy Residency
Lifespan was founded in 1994 and is Rhode Island's first health system. Lifespan is a not-for-profit comprehensive, integrated, academic health system with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
Lifespan's present partners include Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital; The Miriam Hospital; Bradley Hospital, the nation’s first psychiatric hospital for children; Newport Hospital, a community hospital offering a broad range of health services; Gateway Healthcare, the state’s largest provider of community behavioral health care; Lifespan Physician Group, the largest multi-specialty practice in Rhode Island; and Coastal Medical, a primary care driven medical practice.
Lifespan teaching hospitals are among the country’s top recipients of research funding from the US National Institutes of Health. The hospitals received $92 million in external research funding in fiscal 2019. All Lifespan-affiliated partners are charitable organizations that depend on support from the community to provide programs and services.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Lifespan Pharmacy Residencies are committed to serving a community that includes a diverse cultural and socioeconomic mix. We are committed to advancing diversity and inclusion within the healthcare field by supporting our faculty and training them to provide care for the specific needs of these community groups.
Lifespan and its partner hospitals are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers who do not discriminate against job applicants, employees, patients or visitors on any level. Lifespan prides itself in its ability to diversify and create an environment of inclusion by respecting and valuing the differences in race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, genetic information, age, religion, national origin and veteran or disability status of all people.
Lifespan Pharmacy Enterprise
To provide medication management for Lifespan’s community to ensure care is safe, effective, efficient, timely, accessible, preventative, and affordable throughout the continuum.
To be identified as the leading medication experts.
The following principles serve as the Lifespan Pharmacy foundation for our scope of services provided and are supported by departmental policies and procedures.
- To affect the measures necessary to assure peak organizational performance and financial well-being in a rapidly changing environment in order to fully support the organization's mission and vision
- To pursue continuous improvement through employee participation and teamwork to provide a level of service to our customers that meets or exceeds their expectations and needs
- To assume accountability and responsibility for the total medication use process and ensure safe, appropriate, cost-effective drug therapy for the patients we serve
- To commit to a management philosophy which recognizes the customer (inclusive of employees) as our most valued asset, fosters a climate responsive to customer needs, and encourages innovation, creativity and risk-taking in attainment of our organizational goals and objectives
- To support the principle that the ability and contribution of each employee be recognized and supported through fullest use of talents, decision-making empowerment, personal growth, advancement opportunities, and an appropriate system of rewards and recognition
- To ensure that communication in all directions - internal and external - is open, honest and timely
- To pursue educational, academic, and research opportunities that are consistent with the vision of a comprehensive, integrated, academic health system
- To provide employees possessing varied cultural, educational and experiential backgrounds with opportunities to enhance their knowledge base and to develop additional skills and competencies
- To create an environment for pharmacist practitioners to embrace the concept of pharmacist patient care services and be empowered to accept responsibility and accountability for medication use outcomes
- To endeavor to become a benchmark for others to emulate in the achievement of high value services through optimization of emerging automation and technology coupled with the cognitive expertise of our employees
- How to Apply
- Coastal Medical PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice
- Lifespan Specialty Pharmacy PGY-1 Community-Based Pharmacy Residency Program
- Rhode Island Hospital PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice
- Rhode Island Hospital PGY-1 and PGY-2 Health System Pharmacy Administration & Leadership
- Rhode Island Hospital PGY-2 Critical Care
- Rhode Island Hospital/University of Rhode Island PGY-2 Ambulatory Care
- Rhode Island Hospital/University of Rhode Island PGY-2 Oncology
- The Miriam Hospital PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice
- Past Residents
- Residency Program FAQs
- Rhode Island Hospital Longitudinal Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (LAPPE)
Lifespan Pharmacy Residency Programs Locations
Pharmacy Residency Program
Rhode Island Hospital Main Building/Zecchino Pavillion
593 Eddy Street
Providence, RI 02903
Pharmacy Residency Program at The Miriam Hospital
The Miriam Hospital Main Building
164 Summit Ave
Providence, RI 02906